Sunday, November 16, 2008

From the Shower to the Moon


I made this rocket window sticker years ago, and it remains on my shower window. One morning, I realized that the rocket is shaped like a wider version of the icecream cones I made.

I leapt out of the shower (not recommended) and spent the day completing this rocket:


The rocket's red fins are also icecream cones, but folded in half and stitched together. The exhaust blast is yarn tied to a button, which can be attached to a hole in the rocket's base. The moon and star were improvised from a tangle of yarn, and only look presentable in the darkness of space.

Here is the rocket silhouetted by LED-powered starlight:


And here is the rocket upon landing on the moon:


I like the look of 1950s sci-fi movies, and even made a short film called Reveries and Rocketships in 2001. The 28-minute film can be seen here, and the scene featuring the rocket can be seen below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this blog post